A Lifestyle & Parenting Blog

Thursday 7 April 2016

Work Entitlements Around The Globe - How Are YOU Doing?

This week I have officially re-entered the working world by becoming officially self-employed and I have to say I am enjoying being my own boss enormously.

I am reminded by this handy infographic from Citrix how much variation there is in working terms and conditions across Europe and the World in general.

You have to wonder what may happen to UK employment conditions and even employment law in the face of a possible BREXIT (leaving the European Union).

The country will hold an in-out referendum on its EU membership on June 23.

I have to be honest here and say I really don't know which side of the fence I am on.

On the one hand I think we will suffer if we leave Europe in terms of our business relationships with our European neighbours and the UK may find we are a great deal less attractive to inward investment.

Already European companies who have headquarters here in London are muttering about upping sticks if we leave the European Union.

On the other hand, I think we really need to sort out our policies for immigration which seems to be the main factor skewing popular opinion in favour of leaving the European Union. What will happen? It's a race as uncertain as the current US Presidential Elections.

One thing's for certain, here in the UK we certainly do a LOT better than our American cousins in terms of holiday allowance!
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig