A Lifestyle & Parenting Blog

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Review: L'Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation


Now I'm in my 50s I do find that finding the right foundation is more of a challenge than it used to be.  Despite the fact that my skin is drier, I still have a slightly oily center panel and enlarged pores on my nose.

My all time favourite foundation is Estee Lauder's Double Wear, although I have flirted briefly with MAC.  So when I was sent a L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24H-Matte foundation to try, I was curious to see how it would perform, especially since Double Wear is well over the £20 mark.

The shade I received was Shade 11 - Vanilla.


The product promises medium texture with high coverage. This was going to be an interesting challenge for a 50+ skin.


 I thought this was a good foundation. It gave great coverage, particularly over areas with enlarged pores. The colour suited my skin well and gave a slightly pinky overtone.


I did find that the product was quite heavy and caked slightly over drier areas which leads me to suggest that it is better suited to younger / oilier skins.

I suggest that you need to be generous with both moisturiser and primer if you have an older skin like mine.

I applied the product with my fingers and used a blending sponge over my nose so I may have had a different effect if I had used a foundation brush or used the blending sponge all over my face.

I also found that I was aware of the foundation on my skin so, although it is good for building up coverage, you do feel it on.

Since this foundation is a 24 hour foundation giving enhanced matte-ness, this only to be expected but I think that Infallible is better suited for special occasion wear - such as a wedding or party rather than an every day foundation.



I think L'Oreal's Infallible compares well to high coverage foundations with a much higher price point and since it does the job nicely, I can't see the point in spending any more.

L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24H-Matte foundation is available from Boots.com at £7.99 and comes in 6 shades.
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig