A Lifestyle & Parenting Blog

Friday 23 October 2015

My Recommended Ways To Bond With Your Toddler

Bonding with my children is essential for me, as I'm sure it is for you too. I try to make sure I spend one-on-one time with them, as well as doing things with them together. Our bonding time can be anything from sitting down to do their homework to running around at the park.

A lot of newer parents can worry that they're not doing enough to bond with their kids. Once they start to explore and observe the world, you might wonder about the best ways to help them experience it. I'm here to tell you not to worry too much! Spending valuable time with your children isn't rocket science. If you're looking for some activities to help you bond with your toddler, try some of my favourites.

Music 

Although I'm very careful not to play it too loud, I love enjoying music with the kids. Sometimes we put something on and dance around, just for the fun of it. Music is a great way to connect with your children in lots of different ways. And it's especially good for toddlers to help them learn rhythm, language and other skills. There are so many ways to introduce music into your daily activities. You could sing some nursery rhymes when you get up in the morning or just have music on while you go about your day. Some basic musical instruments like drums and xylophones are fun too.

5358512977_a643f49c95_z.jpg

Swimming 

If you want to do something physical with your toddler, swimming is an excellent option. Unlike chasing them around the park, swimming can be quite relaxing, as well as fun. You can take them to your nearest pool on your own. However, if you want them to start learning to swim, swimming classes for toddlers can be a good option. They can start using the pool soon after they're born and can look amazingly at home in the water. If you think about it, they did spend 40 weeks swimming about! Getting into the pool with your toddler can be a fantastic way to bond with them.

Story Time 

I'm a big believer in doing lots of reading with your children, from as early an age as possible. There are so many benefits to reading to and with your kids. Even if they're not old enough to understand what you're doing, it can help them to engage with your voice. Story time doesn't have to be saved for just before bed. You can read with them at any time of the day, and it's a great excuse for a cuddle. You can also do funny voices and actions, turning the story into a more immersive experience. 

Bedtime Routine 

Bedtime is one of my favourite times to bond with my children - if they're cooperating, that is. Having a bath, getting into PJs and enjoying a story and a cuddle help them to wind down at the end of the day. There are no other distractions, and you can create a little bubble of just you and them.

You have lots of opportunities to bond with your toddler, but it's up to you to make them. Sometimes you have to put in some extra effort to keep your relationship strong.

You can find loads more tips and tricks for parenting by clicking HERE.

Thanks for reading Mother Distracted.  I really appreciate your support and I'd love it if you could share this post across social media. If you’re new to Mother Distracted, why not join me on the Mother Distracted Facebook page, tweet me on @lindahobbis or follow me on Instagram
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig