A Lifestyle & Parenting Blog

Saturday 12 October 2013

7 Random Facts About Me [The Versatile Blogger Award]


The Versatile Blogger Award is a brilliant way of drawing attention to up and coming blogs that you enjoy. First up, many thanks to the lovely Megan at missmadaboutnails.blogspot.co.uk for my nomination!


The rules of The Versatile Awards are as follows:-


1.  you must put The Versatile Blogger Award picture on your blogpost.

2.  make sure that you thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
3.  finally write 7 random facts about yourself and
4.  nominate 7 other bloggers

So, here are 7 random facts about me.



  • If I could be anyone from history, I'd be Queen Elizabeth I. Despite the fact that she allegedly went bald, never married and had a mad pash on Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester, any woman who said "I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too" is pretty inspirational in my view.  Bridget Jones??  Oh do be serious.
  • I cannot knit.  Well, actually I can knit but only long stringy things.  Like scarves for worms.
  • I love cheese.  When I was pregnant with my daughter, Caitlin, cheese was the only substance which made me feel vaguely human again.  I didn't have morning sickness, just a horrid gnawing indigestion.  Just thought I'd share that with you. Cheddar, mind you, not any smelly cheese like "Stinking Bishop", although I am partial to a bit of Stilton too.
  • Another woman I admire, recently deceased, is Helen Gurley Brown, the woman who invented "Cosmopolitan" magazine.  She wrote a book in the 80's entitled "Having It All" which as a naive twenty something I devoured from cover to cover.  Her philosophy involved not eating much, wearing the best clothes you could afford, exercising every day and working your butt off. She made it to 91 so I think she may have been on to something. She was also ever so slightly obsessed with sex but then everyone needs a hobby I suppose.
  • My favourite all time chocolate is Caramac.  Or a Milky Bar.  Or possibly Fry's Turkish Delight. Or..... 
  • I make a decent scambled egg.  My secret is two spoons of milk per egg.  And a hefty sprinkling of crushed chillis. After scramble egg, you're pushing your luck if you require anything haute cuisine.
  • I'd love to be able to tap dance.  I can remember "heel, toe, shuffle, shuffle, shuffle" from one of the two lessons I had aged 6 but that's about it.

And finally the 7 blogs I am nominating are:-



1.  Lilinha at Lilinha Angel's World


2.  Clare at The Crazy Perfect Blog


3.  Esther at Diary of a Bad Mutha


4.  Lorraine at Squeaky Baby


5.  Jaime at The Oliver's Madhouse


6.  Eileen at ET Speaks From Home


7.  Mandy at Life With ASD And Me


So there you have it, 8 fabulous blogs to check out and you're welcome round mine for scrambled egg.
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig