A Lifestyle & Parenting Blog

Thursday 12 September 2013

A Little Bit About Me [Liebster Award]

I was delighted to discover this week that my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award by bitenomore, written by fabulous nail blogger Tracey Bellew. The Liebster award is a kind of peer to peer recognition; a way of finding new and up coming bloggers with blogs currently registering 200 followers or under.


The blogger who nominates you gives you 11 questions which you must answer and then, in your response, you must nominate another 11 blogs who have less than 200 followers and let them know you have nominated them.  The 11 blogs you nominate must receive 11 questions from you to answer.  Finally you must link back to the person who nominated you.


So, here are the questions I was asked by Tracey at  bitenomore.


1.  What inspired you to start a blog?



I've always enjoyed writing and worked in Legal Services Marketing for many years. I left work in 2007 to have my daughter Caitlin who was closely followed by my son Ieuan in 2009. I had my kids at 43 and 45 and wanted to write about my experiences with this in mind. There are lot of fabulous parent and lifestyle blogs out there, many with their own distinctive niche and I think there's a definite gap for blogs written by older parents. This is not to be ageist but I believe that 'older parenting' is a different experience and one that, despite age and maturity, many mums and dads are still not prepared for.

2. When someone comments on your posts, do you always reply?


If the comment includes a question of course but in general I acknowledge comments through Facebook or Twitter. I've learned that blogging is very much about community and many of my fellow bloggers have become good friends via social media.


3. Have you ever had any negative comments? If so how do you react?


No - and if I did I think I'd probably ignore them and if they were offensive, remove them so as not to cause offence to other readers.


4. What's your favourite season and why?


Autumn. One of the fabulous things about being a parent is that you get the chance to relive your childhood again. I love Halloween and Bonfire Night.  My daughter's birthday is in November so that's obviously another party and then there's the glorious build up to Christmas and New Year. Actually I suspect I enjoy it all more than the kids. It's a time of year when your senses go into overdrive - the lights, the smells, the sounds of caroling, food and decorations. One of my favourite places to be at this time of year is the beauty hall in Debenhams. Call me shallow but surrounded by the floodlit best that the beauty industry can offer in glorious wrapping paper, I have palpitations calmed only by a jumbo cappuccino and chocolate muffin.


5. If you could be any animal, what would you be?


A cat. With the exception of a sloth, no other animal can make inertia look stylish. I'd come home to find my cat Samson sat in an arm chair wearing a smoking jacket and cradling a whisky sour and a large cigar.


6. If you could change just one thing in your life, would you?


I've been incredibly blessed;  the older you get, the more you realise this but if if I could change one thing it would be the size of my feet. Size 8. I ask you. That's not a foot, that's a tennis racquet.


7. Do you enjoy blogging? Or has it taken over your life?


I love blogging and  I can be ever so slightly obsessional (I have a 'thing' about Hercule Poirot, Art Deco and lemon curd - happily not all at the same time). Since I'm currently a stay at home mum, (don't tell Katie Hopkins), I have plenty of time to indulge my passion. And have a bit of a flick round with a duster of course (in case the husband is reading).


8. Has anything good ever happened to you because of your blog?


It's very early days for me but I'm enjoying the new friends I am making via this hobby.


9. Sweet or Savory?


Oh that's a tricky one. Probably savoury. I love cheese and olives. They're my comfort foods.


10. Would you, or have you got a second blog?


Not till I am happy with this one. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.


11. Where do you see your blog 5 years from now?


I'd love it to be a go-to first port of call for readers each morning, with a thriving number of readers and commentators.


The 11 blogs I am nominating are:-


1.  mamaroddy84

2.  redheadbabyled
3.  rachelheller
4.  urbanalmanac
5.  twomonstersandmeeverythinginbetween
6.  beautywish
7.  thecrazyperfect
8.  welshfootymam
9.  sweetcraftiness
10. bellesnbows
11. slightgem


And my eleven questions for you all are:


1. What inspired you to start a blog?

2. What is your absolute favourite topic to blog about?
3. When someone comments on your posts, do you always reply?
4. Have you ever had any negative comments? If so how do you react?
5. What's your favourite novel?
6. What, in your view, is the best film ever made and why?
7. X Factor or Strictly - and why?
8. If you could change just one thing in your life, would you?
9. What's the best thing about blogging - and the worst?
10. Has anything good ever happened to you because of your blog?
11. Where do you see your blog 5 years from now?

Please comment back with a link so I know you have accepted the award and can read your answers. Can't wait to see what you all come up with - and thanks once again to Tracey.
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig